View Profile TheDyingSun

17 Movie Reviews

Lovely work man! I do have to agree with Igyzone on this one that it looks more like an intro, and I would find it interesting to see what would be after it. For the changing camera view with the characters, keep in mind that things in the background move slower and things closer move faster. Keep up the good work, and I would love to see more madness cartoons in your style!

Nice job! I had a good laugh, and everything was decently animated! The voices were good, but be aware of the volume fluctuations. They can be kind of distracting to the overall cartoon. I would love to see this continue! Good luck!

EmperorKatuunuXVI responds:

Good to know dude. I'll see if I can go back and fix up the audio later on.

I applaud you dear sir.
Either than that, I love how you recreated the characters! The expressions were very well done and the lip sync was good. Try to find some way to create more interesting looking repeating animation. such as with flames, you can create 5 different flames within a loop with a prime number of frame which make the flames only repeat exactly at the same time as all of the prime numbers multiplied together. Try to be careful with tweening. While it is a powerful and useful tool, when it is used wrong, it's usually quite obvious. Still, keep it up! This was an awesome recreation!
(Yes, all that for a meme)

15 Game Reviews

Overall, an ok game. However the controls are VERY difficult to work with and it's kind of hard to get a feel for everything. Play some other games and look at where they place different controls. That might help you. The graphics are cool and keep up the good work!

b-random9 responds:

I've played plenty of other games and I've had people tell me the controls are easy to get used to in a similar game I made (had the arrow keys + WASD controls). Can you please elaborate on which parts you had trouble with?

It's just working out for me, there is no involvement with you just watching. The story seems to be too flat and kind of basic and not really unique. You're just dropped into a world where you feel nothing for the characters because you have no background at the start at all. The art style was fabulous but its the story in this case that really needs a boost. You just click to do missions and not much involvement in battle either. It's actually kind of painful to watch such a beautiful colored game with flat characters and a basic story. I was just a few minutes in and I groaned at how to laugh of one of the bad guys was. It's the extremely basic plot, and doesn't give the player enough chance to even consider this much of a game they "play". Sorry, but this has an extremely poor plot.

I like games that challenge you to be very alert. The game actually reminded me of Ditto. Through the mirror is more involved with the whole idea of reflection. The graphics are simple, but smooth. The levels were challenging, especially because you go so far and you think you're almost there then you see there is more. I did like the soundtrack that was playing to create a mood.

Overall, The game is challenging, the soundtrack creates a mood. and the graphics are smooth

This might be just me I'm just not that all liking the game because it is hard, The graphics are simple, but it would atleast want something more to it, either giving it a different sprite or a story to them, I forget the game, but someone was doing a playthrough of a game the had simple graphics but a narrator game them personalities. Just the look the something can give it personality or depth to what it is. Just saying, that's what I honestly think.

5 Audio Reviews

I got no complaints except for the fact that the pitch feels like it's piercing my ears at some points. Still, I love it man!

ninjamuffin99 responds:

ah shit you right i gotta pay attention to mixing more

Pretty cool, and spacey feeling. It gives off a cool vibe to fits well in the category of ambient. I might say the beginning is not as strong with the inner portion and end coming off stronger. I think my reason at the beginning is due to a bit awkward timing. Be wary of that comment to your own discretion. Anyway, it's really a nice song to chill to. Keep up the good work man!

BasedGas responds:

Thanks for the review m8!
I'll try my best to improve next time!

Cheers~

Respect!
Awesome beat and mix of sounds... It's not completely blown up... or silent!
I like the opening! I actually quite enjoy a mix of city sounding music and adventurous! Absolutely the best! I can imagine many stories and events...
Keep up the great work!
I loved this!

larrylarrybb responds:

Thanks!

48 Art Reviews

I gotta say, interesting concept, but I think there needs to be more to the drawing as a white background isn't enough. The proportions are kind of weird as the legs and torsos are the same height or the torsos are LONGER than the legs, where the legs should be longer than the torsos. The child on the right also looks like a scaled version of a grown up man, that might just be me though. The hand placement isn't entirely natural either, experiment often and study and it should come to you.

Again, interesting concept, just needs better execution and more content.

P.S. I do see "minimalist" as one of the tags, but there are many ways to do minimalist art, and I think just a quick google search would help you get an idea of what exactly you can do with the style. It mainly focuses on adding detail where needed, and silhouettes and shadows. Have fun with it!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I can give you tips or elaborate on confusions you may have.

JoshuaSawtell responds:

Thank you for the feedback! My friends always tell me “Your art is great!” and never give me genuine constructive criticism so this is refreshing to me. Totally agree with you on the proportions. Looking back now, they do look weird and stiff. First time drawing characters holding hands from the back aswell so not 100% happy with that.
Again, thank you, and I’ll try and keep this in mind for the next few pieces!

Looking sweet overall mate! I love the hues used in the background, but I think the saturation could be toned up and the background somehow made to be more fitting with the character's stance. You have a good idea of muscles in the body and forms of anatomy, however, you have to brush up on proportions and some slight readjusting of certain limbs. The right arm seems to be a bit to low and possibly too wide for the character. The arms and hands are a bit too large as well. Just experiment with a transform tool until it looks right to help you get an idea of what I'm talking about. Also, don't feel like you're cheating by using references! They can be helpful in getting your first bearings of proportions, and I've even used them to polish up my anatomy. I still kind suck, but anyways, another proportion you might want to watch out for is shoulder width that is dependent on gender. Females have narrower shoulders, and guys have wider ones, research the ratios and look at photos and you'll start noticing this pattern. Try to clean up, blend, and sharpen your shadows. A lot of the surfaces in this piece are curved and don't have hard edges to their shading. This goes for the hair as well for using sharp shading. The straight hair of the fairy, in mind mind, shouldn't be straight, and in drawing doesn't look natural. Make it flow or have fun styling it! Hair that long shouldn't be that straight unless a whole bunch of logic, and hair gel, is holding it up!
I think that's all for now, because if I say anything else, it'll be an overload! So, do't feel scared by all of this, I go through this same thought process when I do my drawings. Just as long as your read this through and during drawings think about these little things every once in a while you'll get better. Experiment, and just try to apply things every once in a while. In essence, don't overload yourself. It takes time, so keep on drawing mate! If you have any questions feel free to ask, I know you're new around here, and there's a scouting system you'll ask questions about, so, if you need a friendly face to help out, you can PM me. So, welcome to NG!

BlindingWrath responds:

Thanks for commenting and for the follow!
I'll work on my colors and female anatomy like you pointed out, they are really weak areas on my art.
But I must tell one thing about the hair; that one was made straight like that on purpose to create a similarity with a comet, to work with that day's prompt. I'll try to get better at art so in a probably next time it looks more comet-y and more natural.
Again, thank you very much!

I gotta say, I love the shading in this! The use of hue shading and the darker shadow on the bottom half of the drawing. One of the issues that does stick out is, heh, the tounge! I just might have added a bit more shading or line around the tongue to help stick it out a bit more as it kind of melds into the lip. The only other issue is more of an uncomfortable extreme that I see. With the chest the slip looks like it's VERY low to a point where if the drawing was fully rendered to be realistic, I wouldn't be reviewing this because it would be rated A, if you catch my drift. Otherwise, everything looks awesome! I really dig how you use channel shifting to your advantage! If you have any questions or are confused on anything I said, feel free to PM me!

irri responds:

I actually did have that problem with the lips and tongue, the problem is that I wanted to stick to the main source of the reference I was using to draw this, but I didn't take into account that other references shown her tongue separated from her lips, so yeah, I'll try to avoid that problem in future work.

Otherwise that, thank you, I always enjoy reading your well-written reviews / criticisms! Being short or long. ^^

Sun, what the fluff have you been doing for the past month? You said in two weeks you'd update but there's no fluffing update? Are you ACTUALLY dying this time Sun? Wtf man, you've left me down.

n/a