View Profile TheDyingSun

17 Movie Reviews

Lovely work man! I do have to agree with Igyzone on this one that it looks more like an intro, and I would find it interesting to see what would be after it. For the changing camera view with the characters, keep in mind that things in the background move slower and things closer move faster. Keep up the good work, and I would love to see more madness cartoons in your style!

Nice job! I had a good laugh, and everything was decently animated! The voices were good, but be aware of the volume fluctuations. They can be kind of distracting to the overall cartoon. I would love to see this continue! Good luck!

EmperorKatuunuXVI responds:

Good to know dude. I'll see if I can go back and fix up the audio later on.

I applaud you dear sir.
Either than that, I love how you recreated the characters! The expressions were very well done and the lip sync was good. Try to find some way to create more interesting looking repeating animation. such as with flames, you can create 5 different flames within a loop with a prime number of frame which make the flames only repeat exactly at the same time as all of the prime numbers multiplied together. Try to be careful with tweening. While it is a powerful and useful tool, when it is used wrong, it's usually quite obvious. Still, keep it up! This was an awesome recreation!
(Yes, all that for a meme)

14 Game Reviews

Overall, an ok game. However the controls are VERY difficult to work with and it's kind of hard to get a feel for everything. Play some other games and look at where they place different controls. That might help you. The graphics are cool and keep up the good work!

b-random9 responds:

I've played plenty of other games and I've had people tell me the controls are easy to get used to in a similar game I made (had the arrow keys + WASD controls). Can you please elaborate on which parts you had trouble with?

It's just working out for me, there is no involvement with you just watching. The story seems to be too flat and kind of basic and not really unique. You're just dropped into a world where you feel nothing for the characters because you have no background at the start at all. The art style was fabulous but its the story in this case that really needs a boost. You just click to do missions and not much involvement in battle either. It's actually kind of painful to watch such a beautiful colored game with flat characters and a basic story. I was just a few minutes in and I groaned at how to laugh of one of the bad guys was. It's the extremely basic plot, and doesn't give the player enough chance to even consider this much of a game they "play". Sorry, but this has an extremely poor plot.

I like games that challenge you to be very alert. The game actually reminded me of Ditto. Through the mirror is more involved with the whole idea of reflection. The graphics are simple, but smooth. The levels were challenging, especially because you go so far and you think you're almost there then you see there is more. I did like the soundtrack that was playing to create a mood.

Overall, The game is challenging, the soundtrack creates a mood. and the graphics are smooth

This might be just me I'm just not that all liking the game because it is hard, The graphics are simple, but it would atleast want something more to it, either giving it a different sprite or a story to them, I forget the game, but someone was doing a playthrough of a game the had simple graphics but a narrator game them personalities. Just the look the something can give it personality or depth to what it is. Just saying, that's what I honestly think.

3 Audio Reviews

Pretty cool, and spacey feeling. It gives off a cool vibe to fits well in the category of ambient. I might say the beginning is not as strong with the inner portion and end coming off stronger. I think my reason at the beginning is due to a bit awkward timing. Be wary of that comment to your own discretion. Anyway, it's really a nice song to chill to. Keep up the good work man!

BasedGas responds:

Thanks for the review m8!
I'll try my best to improve next time!

Cheers~

Respect!
Awesome beat and mix of sounds... It's not completely blown up... or silent!
I like the opening! I actually quite enjoy a mix of city sounding music and adventurous! Absolutely the best! I can imagine many stories and events...
Keep up the great work!
I loved this!

larrylarrybb responds:

Thanks!

IT WORKS!
Nice playing though... and this made me laugh a bit XD

42 Art Reviews

Along needs work in this, but I can say working with color and an attempt at making a visual focus is visible. However, the anatomy needs quite a lot of work, and even using references a bit here and there is a good introduction to it. I understand the front is hand-drawn, but not all of us are good at lettering, stick to the given fronts in your program and mess around with them from there. Take a look a real life shading to get a feel for how things really react to light. You need a cleaner set pattern as well. However, the graphic for the pattern aren't all that bad. Hope I helped, good luck! (Take it one thing at a time, don't overwhelm yourself, no one becomes Picasso in a night)

Jooshington responds:

Thank you for the feedback! Sadly, this took me 6 hours to make. Maybe I am bad at using a computer to make drawing. Some of my artwork is better than others and I have been doing art for years now. I'm more familiar with traditional mediums and have gotten some recognition locally in my state.
Perhaps, it's not translated well at all to a computer (different utensils, unfamiliar assets and programs, etc.)

All in all, thank you so much for this! You really opened my eyes. Maybe I should focus on sticking to a medium that I'm not naturally into. I should stick to pencil, color pencil, pen, ink, etc... not this computer-savy mumbo jumbo. Plus, I can get traditional artwork done faster!

I am upset, yes, but I understand now and I will change this. Your criticism really changes my point of view now. Thank you! Happy New Year! <3

While I can see the underlying anatomy, the shading is not that to be desired of and more tones with sharper contrast might help. Try actually drawing the fireworks as well, while they make be difficult, use the current drawing you have as a reference, not as part of the full actual pieces. Overall, anatomy, shading, possibly color, and overall experimentation is needed. Good luck!

TVisDaddy responds:

so like, I never really get Critique// Constructive Criticism like this I wanna say thank you! it really means a lot to me when people tell me stuff like this! I'm always looking to get better and better ^^ thank you very much! I'll make sure to work as hard as I can to fix this ^^
(sorry I'm alil late I kinda just got Newgrounds hh i have no idea wtf I'm doing ;w;)

Lovely perspective! The colors make things pop as well! However, I think you should add more detail to the head of the head of the person in the drawing. The drawings looks odd without a detailed main focus. But otherwise, you have everything nailed down quite well! Keep up the awesome work!

...