View Profile TheDyingSun

18 Movie Reviews

This is why I love you guys
Happy Pico Day fellas!

Lovely work man! I do have to agree with Igyzone on this one that it looks more like an intro, and I would find it interesting to see what would be after it. For the changing camera view with the characters, keep in mind that things in the background move slower and things closer move faster. Keep up the good work, and I would love to see more madness cartoons in your style!

Nice job! I had a good laugh, and everything was decently animated! The voices were good, but be aware of the volume fluctuations. They can be kind of distracting to the overall cartoon. I would love to see this continue! Good luck!

EmperorKatuunuXVI responds:

Good to know dude. I'll see if I can go back and fix up the audio later on.

16 Game Reviews

Ok overall, the puck is missing that punchiness feeling when I hit it with a high velocity. The puck sometimes even went through what I was using to hit. The AI was ok, but I wished there was more of a UI, and I didn't like how the AI went out of bounds because you usually have to keep your handle in the playing field. So, mainly focus on physics

Xidostudio responds:

You are totally right. It was the first AI i never programmed, and I know I did a lot of wrong things. the feeling in general is not that I expected.

Thanks for the comment, it helps me a lot!

Overall, an ok game. However the controls are VERY difficult to work with and it's kind of hard to get a feel for everything. Play some other games and look at where they place different controls. That might help you. The graphics are cool and keep up the good work!

b-random9 responds:

I've played plenty of other games and I've had people tell me the controls are easy to get used to in a similar game I made (had the arrow keys + WASD controls). Can you please elaborate on which parts you had trouble with?

It's just working out for me, there is no involvement with you just watching. The story seems to be too flat and kind of basic and not really unique. You're just dropped into a world where you feel nothing for the characters because you have no background at the start at all. The art style was fabulous but its the story in this case that really needs a boost. You just click to do missions and not much involvement in battle either. It's actually kind of painful to watch such a beautiful colored game with flat characters and a basic story. I was just a few minutes in and I groaned at how to laugh of one of the bad guys was. It's the extremely basic plot, and doesn't give the player enough chance to even consider this much of a game they "play". Sorry, but this has an extremely poor plot.

5 Audio Reviews

I got no complaints except for the fact that the pitch feels like it's piercing my ears at some points. Still, I love it man!

ninjamuffin99 responds:

ah shit you right i gotta pay attention to mixing more

Pretty cool, and spacey feeling. It gives off a cool vibe to fits well in the category of ambient. I might say the beginning is not as strong with the inner portion and end coming off stronger. I think my reason at the beginning is due to a bit awkward timing. Be wary of that comment to your own discretion. Anyway, it's really a nice song to chill to. Keep up the good work man!

BasedGas responds:

Thanks for the review m8!
I'll try my best to improve next time!

Cheers~

Respect!
Awesome beat and mix of sounds... It's not completely blown up... or silent!
I like the opening! I actually quite enjoy a mix of city sounding music and adventurous! Absolutely the best! I can imagine many stories and events...
Keep up the great work!
I loved this!

larrylarrybb responds:

Thanks!

52 Art Reviews

Blender and Krita Gang
Looks like those plastic dinner cups they have at summer camp

Dang it cam.

LoganPhresh responds:

Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say
There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of god's grey
Earth as that prince himself... the ninjamuffin!

I admit, I enjoy the flow of the lines, but there are things you can work on. Consistency in shading and establishing a consistent light source is very important, especially in the flat color shading(cell shading) that you do. The shading direction on the shirt and the hair are on two opposite sides, and with the hair, the shadow of the hat isn't cast onto the hair or face. While, it may be seen as destructive to put the face in shadow, it can be interesting depending on the contrast you use. The potion bottle needs shadow and looks out of place compared to the rest. The smoke could use a gradient to suggest more of a vapor. I don't know how to feel about the lining around the smoke either, I'll leave that to your own discretion. The color choice may be a little too bold overall but just remember to use different hues for shadows (usually, there are exceptions). You've been getting slowly better at anatomy, I would suggest still doing some form studies, which I have the materials if you'd like, they've been helpful to me. The connection looks weird and the head is too far off to the left making it look like she snapped her neck. A bit of a nitpick, but I feel like the cutoff at the bottom is too abrupt and harsh. A gradient disappearing into the background would be helpful. In summary, I have materials, which have helped me too with faces (and without it I wouldn't have done my Pico Day drawing), and I'm willing to show you them. You need to stay consistent , and I like the flow of lines. If you need anything, materials, more specific feedback, or techniques you can employ, feel free to ask!

An artist of 5 years | Robot Overlord Worshiper for 2 years