View Profile TheDyingSun

18 Movie Reviews

This is why I love you guys
Happy Pico Day fellas!

Lovely work man! I do have to agree with Igyzone on this one that it looks more like an intro, and I would find it interesting to see what would be after it. For the changing camera view with the characters, keep in mind that things in the background move slower and things closer move faster. Keep up the good work, and I would love to see more madness cartoons in your style!

Nice job! I had a good laugh, and everything was decently animated! The voices were good, but be aware of the volume fluctuations. They can be kind of distracting to the overall cartoon. I would love to see this continue! Good luck!

EmperorKatuunuXVI responds:

Good to know dude. I'll see if I can go back and fix up the audio later on.

16 Game Reviews

Ok overall, the puck is missing that punchiness feeling when I hit it with a high velocity. The puck sometimes even went through what I was using to hit. The AI was ok, but I wished there was more of a UI, and I didn't like how the AI went out of bounds because you usually have to keep your handle in the playing field. So, mainly focus on physics

Xidostudio responds:

You are totally right. It was the first AI i never programmed, and I know I did a lot of wrong things. the feeling in general is not that I expected.

Thanks for the comment, it helps me a lot!

Overall, an ok game. However the controls are VERY difficult to work with and it's kind of hard to get a feel for everything. Play some other games and look at where they place different controls. That might help you. The graphics are cool and keep up the good work!

b-random9 responds:

I've played plenty of other games and I've had people tell me the controls are easy to get used to in a similar game I made (had the arrow keys + WASD controls). Can you please elaborate on which parts you had trouble with?

It's just working out for me, there is no involvement with you just watching. The story seems to be too flat and kind of basic and not really unique. You're just dropped into a world where you feel nothing for the characters because you have no background at the start at all. The art style was fabulous but its the story in this case that really needs a boost. You just click to do missions and not much involvement in battle either. It's actually kind of painful to watch such a beautiful colored game with flat characters and a basic story. I was just a few minutes in and I groaned at how to laugh of one of the bad guys was. It's the extremely basic plot, and doesn't give the player enough chance to even consider this much of a game they "play". Sorry, but this has an extremely poor plot.

8 Audio Reviews

this stinks

UPDATE: I have a new mic that doesn't make me sound like it's my last recording.

This was really fun! Thank you for having me!

"Why do we have a snailpirate when we already have a ninjamuffin?" - TheDyingSun 2019

54 Art Reviews

Nice job on the piece! The line work is dynamic and provides an interesting piece to look at! I think you need more consistency with form on the skulls on the bottom as some of them look beyond cartoonish human. I believe part of your intent was to give the skulls expressions as a reaction to the plague doctor sitting on them, and I think you should exaggerate that with line work reflecting expressions on each and every skull or possibly giving them some sort of eyes (which I think the eye idea detracts from the main focus, but it's something to play with). The colors are well chosen and executed, however there is some lighting that is either missing or done incorrectly. For example, the potions bottle is glowing from the inside so there should be little to none black shadow on the bottle and a more intense glow coming from the inside of it (I hope that made sense). The last thing is the background. Fantastic job on making the background and foreground go together decently, however, I think making the forms sharper closer to the viewer and adding more lines to define the environment closer to the plague doctor helps create a smoother transition.
Overall an enjoyable and fun piece! I'm not complaining.
You have some good work otherwise as well and I hope to see you to continually get better!
I know this was a lot, so if you have any questions or want me to go over more things, I can help you out with that! Keep drawing! You have good tone in your drawings!

I am I biased since it's a plague doctor? - Yes
Edit: Btw, Welcome to Newgrounds!

DynamicAfro responds:

The image have a couple of years already, i just wanted to share it here, but thank you so much for the feedback is always nice read constructive opinions. :D!

But how did you know?!?!?

Your color choice is good, but what you're mainly missing is contrast between light and shadow. Don't be afraid to use darker tones

GoodL responds:

I'll keep that in mind, thanks a ton!

An artist of 5 years | Robot Overlord Worshiper for 2